Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 14, 2009

So maybe this isn't my garden, but with my organic-farming-aspiring husband, ours will probably look something like this someday.


Those are rows and rows of strawberry plants, loaded with ripe strawberries!


I joined Aunt Mel, Connie, and Helen Jean to pick 164 lbs of berries for Grandpa.

Mel and I took some home, but Connie and Helen Jean picked just out of the kindness of their hearts... and stayed to stem them, too! Incredible people.



Now I have my own flat of strawberries to stem and freeze-- and I'm most definitely buying strawberry plants and throwing them in a strawberry pot ASAP, even if the plants already have fruit on them!


1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.