Monday, September 29, 2014

Autumn Is Here

And with it has come a precious new member of our family:



We think she's adorable! She is an efficient nurser, which is wonderful, but makes me wonder how much milk she is really getting, so we put her in a tomato crate on her Daddy's farmer's market scale, and you can see she's already well above her birthweight of 6 lbs 2 oz at 1 week of age. Good job, Baby!

Once I'm able to get back to normal activities, I'd like to get some bulbs planted for Spring. It's time to pick out more tulips, crocuses, and daffodils! Last year I didn't get them all in the ground, so this year I'll wait to buy until I know I'm able to get out and dig in the dirt.

For now I have this nice view from the living room:



And from the driveway:


I think there's something planted to bloom in every season now, which was my first goal starting out with this little perennial garden.

Mike's mushroom logs have exploded with mushrooms since the baby's birth, so he's been doing his best to get those washed up, cooked, or dried in between toddler and newborn duty.

The leaves are now changing, with beautiful yellow walnut leaves raining onto our yard with every breeze, and temperatures up to the 80s the past few days. The nights are cool, but no frost yet, although it did get close during one cold snap, and it looks like temps to the high 60's / low 70's the next week. I'm trying to take it easy so that I'll be well enough to take Autumn walks with the family soon! I hope you're enjoying your Fall, too!

1 comment:

  1. She is pretty cute! I'm glad she is a good nurser for you :) Your beds look lovely too! I got a mum for either side of our front door and that is all for this year :( I might get some bulbs in for the spring, but I still haven't decided what to do with our beds.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.