Friday, September 25, 2015

So I guess it's Fall...

I've been in denial. There's no school year for my children yet, given their young age, and a stretch of cold days has been followed by HOT, and the calendar doesn't say Fall until the last half of September, but given that only Fall flowers are in bloom, and the past few nights have been in the 40s, and the foliage of my beautiful Spring flowers is starting to look like it's seen better days, I guess it's time to say it: summer is really ending, and Fall is arriving.

I don't know why I'm so pessimistic about it this year, as if there won't be many beautiful weather days to enjoy still before winter comes, but it is a little disappointing to feel the lack of all the super fun summer activities we didn't enjoy because, you know, young kids and going potty and changing diapers and sitting down in front of peanut butter sandwiches really does consume 99% of your "free" time in a day! 

I'm so excited that Mike found time to work on my front planter this afternoon. I love seeing progress! Hopefully I will have nice "after" photos in the near future! 

Otherwise, here's my perennial bed:




I got to spend a little time cleaning up spent plants and spreading some fresh mulch after I took these pics. So fun! Now, need to make some plans for expansion of my landscaping....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.