Monday, November 9, 2015

November in the garden

So the weather hit the low 70s this month. Super awesome!

Mike has been working on mowing up the leaves with his push mower, and collecting them to put over cardboard in the garden. One whole chunk of the garden is now ready for Spring! The more he gets mulched this Fall, the less he has to till and weed in April!



I also enjoy documenting which plants still look pretty after we’ve had hard frosts:

dianthus

penstemon 'husker red'

Also, annuals diascia, parsley, and violas, and perennials catmint ‘walker’s low,’ mums, coreopsis, coral bells, asters, and lavender.

 






With our home set in a wide valley between bluffs, the sun sets early, now setting just after 3:30 pm. 




Lately I have more free time, and with the transition to more indoor activity, I've had more opportunities to do my scrapbooking. Northern gardeners gotta have winter hobbies! Mike has taken up painting, Bob Ross-style. Future blog posts may include nerdy pontifications about my scrapbooking endeavors...

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.