Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Perennial update

The last month we've gone from snow, to playing in the pool, to perfect Spring weather. Tonight looks like it's going to be the last frost of the season!!

Just a little update on where things are at now. These tulips have stolen the show the past couple weeks, and today their petals are now falling off.



One of my phlox, and the rest of my tulips are now blooming. My peonies and catmint seem to be great tulip companions. The foliage is good contrast for the tulips, and as the flowers fade, will grow to quickly engulf the waning bulb foliage.

My perennial garden now:


 








I've spent some time researching ornamental trees and landscaping ideas. I'm going to try my hand at landscaping the new bed on the other side of the front of the house. Currently, I'm in search of the perfect dwarf crabapple, pink flowers with persistent fruit. We'll see what I end up with!

 A few more pics of right now:

Mike's garlic bed
garlic

my annuals waiting to be planted after the frost!


Little girls entertaining themselves with a pile of dirt

Mike's vegetable plants, also waiting for warm weather to be planted


tulips in my back garden bed

neighbors' apple tree


lilac buds

To top it all off, the little foxes are back living in our yard. We saw 1 adult and at least 4 babies, which all came out to play this evening. Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.