Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winter Attacks

Right now, my house is surrounded by a fortress of white stuff. Pretty, sparkly snow... that makes things look all wintery and drifted... but I just wish it would go away! Thankfully, mid-February means serious garden-planning, because the first buds can't be more than a month away, and the last frost couldn't be more than two.

Close your eyes unless you can handle the graphic horror of the initial attack by these un-welcome flakes. And to think I happily photographed their deceptive beauty, before I ever realized they would suffocate my petaled friends and never, ever let them go.


Way too dramatic, I know. But how else can I mourn the loss of leaves and sunshine when I look outside and all I see is this:



No, I love winter, truly I do. It just makes me sick.

Does anyone know the diagnostic criteria for seasonal affective disorder?

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.