Thursday, January 20, 2011

The season's closing: Flowers!

Mike got the broken SD card to work, so now I have some new pictures from the Fall to share! Here's some random flower action from the very end of the growing season...


The lobelias looked dead and crispy in the summer heat, but revived themselves in the cool Autumn!


These dahlias didn't do much. I had a big green dahlia bush with few flowers in a color I didn't like. No more mixed colors seed packets, and no more dahlias until I learn to prune or do whatever I need to get big flowers!


Just a picture of the back of the house. Peppers with trailing nasturtiums on the left.


up closer


Three pretty colors of nasturtiums. We saved seeds, so we'll see if the same ones grow again next year!


Fall bouquet


More bouquets

a welcome marigold that sowed itself


these pink guys looked great in the late Fall


and these roses always do, too


The front perennial garden, mostly full of annuals.


Another front flower bed view


Cleaning up the flower bed


the garbage can! had to throw away so much pretty stuff.


status post clean-up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.