Monday, April 14, 2014

Green and Snowy

We had some nice thunderstorms all weekend, a little hail, lightning, really Spring-like and just starting to green up. I bet even the hidden-in-the-valleys last remnants of snow melted with that. Then this morning, awoke to this:

Happy Monday! Winter's back!
 It's chilly. Highs below 40. You need to wear gloves in this kind of weather to be comfortable, but it's too disheartening to even get them out.

Then by this evening, not only was it still light enough for photographs when I got home from work at 6:30, but the snow was also melting. It's getting green! Spring is here, like it or not, Winter!

crocuses

tulips

view from the living room


And Mike is slowly making progress toward his goal of selling at the farmer's market this summer. Today during naptime he made a tomato crate out of unused wood flooring.


Before you know it I'll have big flowers and early produce pictures to share on here! But for now, once again waiting for a little snow to melt.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Spring is standing it's ground. Winter is just a sore loser and is annoying everyone at this point. Great job to Mike for that tomato crate. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.