Sunday, April 3, 2016

Making Plans!

There's a limited amount of garden work you can do on these perfect, early Spring days! Saturday we had this:


and it was in the 30s and windy. Despite the cold, the snow melted quickly in the sun, and then today, it was 70 and beautiful! Even on the wonderful days this time of year, there's only so much gardening you can do before the weather is consistently warm, so the winter days of planning, instead of doing, extend into Spring.

Today, that planning stage felt different. It was truly warm to sit out and observe the landscape, and with the grass now green and many plants emerging, visualizing the changes I want to make was so much  easier.

Here is where we are now:


crocuses faded, daffodils budding

Note the new and improved edge along the sidewalk. I made it a trench and took out the plastic edging.

Found this little guy today! Mini daffodils, new to my garden this year.



And Mike is doing whatever he can to move along my landscape dreams. Before we know it, the entire area around our home will be presentable! Both sides of the house are now weedy and unfinished, which is excellent, because it gives me an opportunity to create whatever I want!



Planning to build a bed here. The garden fork represents a tree. Magnolia? Apricot? Not sure yet!


this picture is to help visualize how things will look with a tree planted, a new front deck, and a garden bed on the left

Right side of the house. The straw and boards will be used up in projects, and thinking of putting a raised bed over the gravel in front of the LP tank, to help it blend into the landscape

Garden area by the LP tank. Was full of landscape rock and thistles. Not exactly my dream garden. I've been excited to make this over for awhile, and it looks like this is the year we'll get to do it!

So, yes, I am randomly skipping through the yard when I take the kids outside, because it's Spring and we are finally able to finish plans and garden them into reality! Stay tuned for hopefully more garden progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.