Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dotted with Crocuses

I'm updating this post to include actual pictures of the crocuses:




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The bunnies ate the crocuses... again. Just about to bloom, and the little blossoms were chewed right off. Yesterday, the garden was dotted with bright purple crocus buds, enjoying the 60 degree weather. So I got garlic spray-- that actually smells like wild animal vomit-- to keep the bunnies away from them. A pediatric hematologist recommended I sprinkle dried blood around them, and of course Mike has some of that sitting around, so I'll do that too. There are tulips (I think) coming up now, and I'm horrified at the thought of the bunnies eating those! I only joke about shooting the little furry friends...

This weekend we'll get started on the stone planter in front of the house, and I have flower bulbs that I still need to order... can't decide on the final color theme. Perennials are serious business- you have to choose wisely the first time!

Time to get planning... Spring is really here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.