Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring!



Spring is here! I'm not waiting for the vernal equinox to celebrate. The snow is GONE, completely gone, and it is warm, warm, warm (ok, occasionally above 50 degrees). Despite the rainy-ness today, we cleaned up my flower bed a little and measured out some things. Check out the flower garden


and the first flowers of the season!!!!


And every batch of our seeds have germinated, including the delphiniums (tiny sprouts on the upper left)! These dahlias (labeled DV) are begging to be transplanted, and I'm wishing I hadn't planted the coleus next to them with so many tiny seeds in each little pod. They all germinated!




You care for the land and water it; you enrich it abundantly. The streams of God are filled with water to provide the people with grain, for so you have ordained it. You drench its furrows and level its ridges; you soften it with showers and bless its crops. You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance. The grasslands of the desert overflow; the hills are clothed with gladness. The meadows are covered with flocks and the valleys are mantled with grain; they shout for joy and sing. Psalm 65 : 9-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.