Saturday, March 6, 2010

Retreating and Blooming

So much excitement in the gardening world! Little seedlings are growing strong under their artificial light. I'm still waiting for the delphiniums, but the rest have begun to show their cotyledons and are photosynthesizing as I type. (Note Mike's peppers in the back.)


Outside, the snow is most definitely retreating- by the end of this week I expect no more than a few very tiny patches where it was piled up. And below you'll see some of the exciting bulb sprouting action going on despite the highs in the 40s!


I will not share any pictures of my bunny-chewed bulbs, or the rose that has been snacked on almost to the ground. It may be sad, but there will still be many blooms this growing season, starting with this beautiful hyacinth, which we didn't think would make it over the winter! The house now smells of Spring!


1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.