Saturday, April 9, 2011

More warm weather!

Another wonderfully warm weekend, ideal for a little gardening. In my front flower bed, I extricated the stray oak leaves (again) and put on some mulch. It makes me so happy, I just want to sit out front and look at it all day. Mike set out some vegs to start the hardening off process: This week I made the first bouquet of the season:


What's blooming now:


First daffodil



hyacinth and violets



another hyacinth


What's about to:



I'm estimating we're about 4 weeks from the last frost, at least to be conservative. I hate the last frost fear that hits right after you've planted everything when you try to get things in the ground early. Well, we'll see! I think it'd be a good time to start some more flowers inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.