Saturday, April 10, 2010

Outdoor Living

What a beautiful day today! We found a blueberry bush on sale at Wal-Mart, and I added another peony and some ranunculus bulbs to my collection. I've been hesitant to try ranunculus, as well as other non-hardy bulbs like gladiolus, because I can't imagine digging them up in the Fall, but I fell in love with ranunculus when I saw them in a flower arranging book.

Really, I've decided you never conquer much in the garden if you don't experiment. I've had people tell me every year that strawberries aren't worth anything unless you plant them in the ground, pinch off all the blossoms the first year, blah blah blah. I planted bare root strawberries in pots today. And we're planning to get some berries from them! Life is just too short not to try.

Check out my latest awesome tulips:



In other gardening news, Mike almost finished the vegetable garden fence today- just some chicken wire left!


The strawberries, ranunculus, and peonies were planted. And I'm wrapped in a snuggie (evenings are still chilly!), drinking tea and blogging at my fancy new outdoor furniture!



I am already sooo getting used to this outdoor-living-in-warm-weather thing. Can't wait to use our new firepit!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tulips. Love the garden fence and can't wait to eat a meal on your new outdoor furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the veggie garden and the new furniture!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to enjoy the great outdoors. Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.