Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wildflowers and Mushrooms

Last weekend, Mike and I took a walk in the woods to scout out morels. We found some other mushrooms, but no morels yet.

False morel (not edible)


Cup mushroom (edible)


Tree mushroom (?edible)


The woods were absolutely covered with Spring flowers: trout lilies, dutchman's breeches, Spring beauties, and some violets and bloodroot.

Bloodroot (Mike really likes this one)


Spring beauties

Dutchman's breeches


You can kind of see all the flowers covering the ground


And I don't have pictures yet, but the outdoors are BURSTING with flowers right now! The blooming trees all along the street are gorgeous- magnolias, redbuds, and other things. And the lilacs are just beginning. I am in love with Spring!

Oh, and we bought a new car today in which to haul all of our plants and dirt and everything else you need to make a yard beautiful! I think it's a good addition to our armament of gardening tools.

1 comment:

  1. Great Pictures, and I don't think I've ever thought of a car as a gardening tool, but you're right, you need one to haul around all the stuff you need to make a beautiful yard and yummy gardening.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.