Monday, April 26, 2010

Tree flowers

The city is soooo beautiful right now. The early Spring bulbs have faded, but the flowering trees are in full bloom. I just want to pluck them all out of the ground and gather them in a gigantic vase. Sorry, my few pictures hardly capture the beauty of driving down a sunny street this time of year!



This last one is the view from our kitchen window- it's a great view this time of year!

Below are the views from either side of our deck. We don't have any flowering trees, but the neighbors' beautify the view from our yard. There are also lilacs in nearby backyards whose scent breezes by. I only wish we had a spot to plant one of our own!


The past few days have been rainy, which is getting in the way of all the planting I have to do. Instead of planting, I baked a strawberry-rhubarb dessert. Gotta use up all the rhubarb- it's the only food we're growing that's already ripe! I also made some candied violets to put on top. They're like sparkly candy flower jewelry. Should have taken a picture. And I'm making some arrangements out of the few flowers that are in bloom.


Unfortunately, nothing in my front garden is blooming now that the bulbs are done. I planted some of my little annuals, but they're not doing anything yet. I'm very afraid it's going to turn into flower vomit, since I didn't make much of a plan before planting. We'll see what happens- it'll probably look nicer once the tulip leaves fade.

1 comment:

  1. That Rhubarb dessert looks absolutely yummy!! Freeze some rhubarb and make it again when we come!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a flower enthusiast married to a man with organic farming dreams. We're enjoying developing our own outdoor paradise in our first home, with 3 little gardening girls by our side. When not spending my free time gardening, I'm recording our memories in my pocket page scrapbooks.